A Bit About The Piece:
Five stone aquamarine silver band with diamond accents.
The Center Stones: Aquamarine
- 5 faceted oval cuts
- center measurements: 7.7mm x 5.84mm
- inside stone measurements: 6.77mm x 4.99mm
- outside stone measurements: 6.05mm x 4.25mm
The Side Stones: Diamond
- Standard Round Brilliants
- 0.12ct approximate total weight
- average clarity: SI
- average color: I
The Setting: Cast Prong Set Ring
- .925 sterling silver, solid
- default size: 7.00
The official name for "blue beryl," aquamarine is an aqua greenish-blue member of the same family of stones as emerald and morganite. It is the March birthstone and can be found around the world with notable deposits located in Brazil, Madagascar, Russia, Nigeria, and San Diego (California). Newer, high grade icy blue material from Vietnam has recently been hitting the market.
Aquamarine ranks 7.5 to 8 on the Mohs scale of hardness making it a good, durable stone for all jewelry purposes. It can safely be worn in rings with little concern and can be cleaned with chemical jewelry cleaners.